Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

ANIMAL HOUSE




Had a GREAT idea! Could bring world peace, or at least peace in the USA, so bear with me. But first I have to say, I NEVER watch TV, haven’t for nearly seven years (except old Hitchcock films on Halloween and such). Still, despite my dis-interest Kathy does have Antenna TV and a portable 18” diagonal, which is fortunate or I would never have hatched this idea.

A month or two ago, roaming through one of Angola’s antique stores just for entertainment (as I never buy anything I don’t need), I happened upon a half-price mint condition video cassette recording of John Belushi’s 1978 Animal House. It took a while to decide, but given the $2 price discounted to 1$, I regarded it as an investment.

Watched it two or three days ago, and what an investment it was! SO, SO UN-POLITICAL even shocking these days, yet still FUNNY!

And I saw the light: If everyone would just chill out and laugh, we would all (or at least most of us) be so much better. World peace? Maybe not. But come on people, can’t we just smile on each other and get along?

(Trigger Warnings for those who are easily offended)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, constructive comments only.