
This is the love of my life since we were married two months after meeting in Garrett, where she taught English while I had but one college semester, no driver’s license, and was four years away from sobriety and yet many years more distant from a reasonably stable career. Things eventually worked out and we retired early, but after a year at home Kathy elected to volunteer and ultimately to work regularly at Rise [which partners with the community to prepare, empower, and support individuals with challenges] for another five+ years. Late this afternoon she is finally retired again.
I really can’t express how much I admire her heart, soul, and spirit, often reflected in her Facebook icons: a peace sign in summer, a white dove in winter, but most often in her daily interactions and words. Surely a Child of God.
She
will probably rather I did not post this, such is her humility, but this
milestone is hugely important to me, and I’m sure many others will feel the
same.
So here is to you Kathy Maureen Rowe,
May your retirement continue to bless others
Even as you
change directions.
And know that you are loved.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, constructive comments only.